Friday 1 June 2012

Mapping and Archaeology

Much of my day job as Project Manager for (Archaeological Project Services) Trent and Peak Archaeology (as of Feb 2014) involves the, often pretty routine, preparation of costing and specifications, wrangling of staff and equipment and trying to keep fieldwork projects running smoothly (and to budget!). Luckily, I don't have to do that all of the time (or it might have stopped being interesting a long time ago). One of my other roles (and one that grabs my interest rather more) lies in survey, mapping, CAD and GIS work, taking that archaeological information and displaying it in informative and (I hope) interesting ways. Time and again I find myself working up maps and images for very limited circulation and thinking I should really put these together somewhere. So now I will. Some of this will be new some of it may be quite old. But hopefully it won't just languish on my hard drive in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment